Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happiness...

My husband and I had a rather unusual marriage counseling appointment yesterday.

He went into the session with guns blazing and left hating our therapist. HAHA!! As soon as we walked out of the door he said, "I don't like her and I want to find someone else."

My response, "Go ahead find someone. I have looked all over and I like her." A couple of minutes later he was fine.

What I found to be so wonderful was that the therapist validated both our feelings. I like that no matter how much it bothers me when she agrees with him, she agrees and understands me just as well. Exactly what a person should do when they aren't in the relationship.

But the best part was when she saw us in an actual interaction when it came to scheduling our next appointment. How I wish I had a video camera!!! You can't truly understand my husband unless you see him in action. My words don't do it justice.

Anyways, about happiness. My husband is constantly reminding me that happiness is a state of mind. Well let me tell you...

I took you to the airport at 4:30 am this morning (with Buddy) and when I got home we both went back to sleep...this is happiness.

I just spent the entire day running errands, meeting friends, changing bedsheets, etc. all with Buddy...this is happiness.

Tomorrow I am going to meet my best friend for a day of shopping, movie, etc....this is happiness.

Are we getting the picture? All of my happiest times are when you aren't around.

So as I am finishing this blog post Buddy is screaming my name because he is done with his nap...this is happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment