Friday, January 15, 2010

Emotions...

I love the emotions of a toddler!! Seriously, he is crying at least once a day for reasons I just don't understand. It is too cute!!!

I love that he cries because he wants to see his grandma, see his sister, when Pluto can't find Mickey, when Pluto is sad, someone on Special Agent Oso needs help, etc.

It is fun to see him start to learn different emotions and how he is trying to navigate dealing with them.

What I am not enjoying is how my husband is yelling at Buddy to stop crying.

Tonight for example, Buddy was exhausted!! He spent all day at his grandma's house and took NO nap. On the way home we stopped at one of my favorites, Chick-fil-A for dinner. We had a great time and I ran into an old high school friend, it was nice to see her.

The point is when we got home Buddy was even more tired than when we picked him up from grandma's. So now my husband starts YELLING at him because Buddy won't stop crying!!

"If you don't knock that shit off, I am going to bust your ass."

"That's it! I am not going to put up with this bullshit." Then starts taking him in the other room to spank him.

That's when I said enough.

My husband has always said to my stepdaughter and son that he was going to "bust ass" its like his way of telling them he means business. I have never like it but I figure to pick your battles, right? No, I am done and don't appreciate it.

Buddy is going to be three in two months and doesn't need to be talked to that way! He is not one of your construction workers on the job site.

So knock that fucking shit off!! Alright! LOL--sorry trying to make a joke!

1 comment:

  1. It's your husband who needs spanking. He needs to understand child development.

    May you have the wisdom to deal with the different attitudes of your blending family.

    ReplyDelete