Saturday, March 6, 2010

Making the Home ALL Mine...

It's been one whole week since Martin moved out...ahhh.

What a BUSY week!!! OMG, I thought it would never end and now the weekend is going way too fast!!!

Last night was the first time Buddy stayed the night at his dad's. He was so excited and I was happy to have sometime to myself. I even had a night out with the girls!! It was a bit difficult for me to go to sleep but I got through it. We'll see how it continues..

Anyways, I am totally excited about the projects I have undertaken with my mom and sister. Since Martin moved out, we decided to start fixing the house up and make it completely my own. I rent my grandmother's house, so my kitchen and dining room used to have wallpaper up and it just looked like an old lady's house.

Not anymore!!! Last weekend all the wallpaper came off the walls and today we painted the kitchen! It looks so good and inviting. When my sister and I picked out the color we thought it was going to be a green but those little paint samples don't do anything justice. The color was actually a golden, warm goodness. It's awesome!!

Tomorrow my mom and I are going to put up the new blinds and touch up the edges with paint. Next weekend...move some furniture and start painting the dining room. I'm tired already.

It feels good to make this MY house!!! Martin never let me decorate the way I wanted so I am all excited. Thank God for my sisters help because I am not good at decorating!

My plan is to slowly move through each room, closet, cabinet, etc. through my house!!!

My family is the best!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment