Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It's Been Too Long...

It's been long since I last posted!!!

Life has been crazy and so exciting. I don't even know where to begin.

First, my house. My sister and mom have been helping me to vamp up the house. We have been painting, decorating, and moving furniture on the weekends and some weeknights for almost a month now. But I am so excited to say that its done!! Now I have purchased a couple of decorative items but it is a work in progress. However, thank God for my family. They have been amazing!

Secondly, I love what life lessons I have been learning through my separation. Here are a couple of the lessons learned...

-I'm an independent woman. I can get shit done and if I need help I'll ask for it!

-My son is amazing. He'll be 3 next week!

-Good friends will not judge you, they'll just be there to listen and help if you need it. But if you really take a step back and look at the friendships you have, you'll see which ones matter most and which ones are fake. I am focusing on the friendships that matter.

-Everyone has problems and to them its just as big as yours. No need to compare...although it's REALLY difficult not to. (I'm still working on this)

-Work is work. For me I am realizing that right NOW, it's just work. Someday I hope to have more of my aspirations back but for now, work is just a small piece of my puzzle.

-Family is what's important.

-Let the small stuff go.


It's just wonderful to be able to say that I am happy. I couldn't say that two months ago or do I remember the last time I felt this way. I know it sounds cheesy but that's how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment