Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My "Friend"...

Before I ever told anyone about my separation I knew that people were going to have their own opinions. I knew that some people might back away, stop talking to me, take sides, etc. I was prepared for all scenarios.

One scenario that I was prepared for was my “friend” to be crazy! She is the type of person who feels it is her life’s mission to SAVE everyone and HELP everyone. Basically, she puts her nose into situations where she shouldn’t. I was prepared for this.

I knew she was going to immediately feel bad for me, try to help me, and most importantly start talking about how life would be like for me as a single mother. In fact, she had started to make comments about my parenting even before Buddy was born because of how often my husband had to travel.

Well I have news for people…I like being alone. I always have! Ever since my husband started traveling I enjoyed the time I had during the week doing whatever I pleased. And all of those feelings are back in full swing. I am starting to feel happy again.

Today my “friend” started talking with others, once I walked out of the room, about how she feels bad for me being a single parent…talking about how she wouldn’t know what to do…AND how she thinks it’s good I only have one kid.

Well, fuck you! Who do you think you are to judge anyone? Aren’t we supposed to be “friends”? Why do you think so little of me? I am a stronger person alone than I was married. I have found my own voice and am just trying to figure out what to do next with my OWN life! I already told you that if I needed anything I would let you know. Just because I haven’t NEEDED you doesn’t give you the right to talk shit or think so little of me. Why do you automatically assume that this isn’t what I wanted? Don’t assume you know what is going on in house!!! And guess what I have been a single parent for almost 3 years!!! He just finally moved out of my house!!!

I know I’m yelling.

I thank you for your concern but now you need to shut up. Just stop. You don’t know what you are talking about and even if you think you are being helpful, you’re not. I know this is your personality but right now you are wrong!! Just stop. Just stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment