Monday, February 15, 2010

Daily Occurence...

Being a single mother isn't ideal or perfect. However, I am finding my new step in life. This includes trying to figure out a balance or solutions to new problems alone.

The hardest part of my day isn't...
-morning routine
-laundry
-cooking
-shuttling Buddy around
-Buddy wanting my constant attention (well sort of)

The HARDEST part of my day is either right before dinner or right after. It's the time in the day when I am trying to cook, which usually includes Buddy helping, or when I am trying to clean-up.

It's the hardest part because that's when Buddy is in his "I not listening to you" mode. Even when he is cooking with me he isn't listening or when I put a cartoon on to entertain him, he is getting in trouble in some form.

Basically, it's at the end of the day and I am tired. I'm tired and there is no one around to keep him entertained and from making bad choices to get my attention.

And usually, it just so happens that that's when my husband calls to chat with me/us. So of course, he starts to make it about him..."Every time I call you are always in a hurry or busy and don't want to talk to me." Hmmm, I'm at home alone with a 3 year old. Get a grip.

I need plan so that every night we (Buddy and I) don't have this same problem. I don't expect it to always work but I need to think of something so I don't feel so frustrated EVERY night!

Any suggestions??? I would appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment