Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day...

Happy Valentine's Day to ME!!!

Love,
ME

That's right, today was my first Valentine's Day as a single mother. Honestly, it was great (better than expected). I thought I was going to miss HIM but I didn't. It was actually refreshing that I didn't have to pretend to be over the moon in love!

Today I spent time with my #1 Valentine and LOVE of my life...Buddy!!

We had a great day getting stuff done around the house (cleaning), giving the dog a bath, playing games, washing the car, and visiting my grandma. I wouldn't have wanted to spend this Valentine's any other way. Buddy was a big helper. :)

On a serious note, I am just reminded today that I need to be in LOVE with myself before I can give myself to anyone else. I think this is part of my problem. I stopped loving myself and then the same happened with my marriage/HIM.

Not anymore! It's like I need to renew "wedding vows" with MYSELF! I promise never to lose myself again, I promise to genuinely laugh, I promise to love myself forever...

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment